What to do…what to do…when you have a box full of peaches and need to use them to make something yummy. It’s rough but someone has to do it.
I’ve had apple butter before but that is really the only fruit butter I’ve ever had. So guess what, it’s time to make peach butter. I must say, these peaches my in laws brought us back from Colorado are AMAZING! Super juicy and sweet, the perfect tasting peach. And these peaches did not disappoint when it came time to show off in this peach butter.
Bread. Put this stuff on all the bread. Or at least carbs of most kinds. Toast, biscuits, pancakes, waffles, all of it. It’s like a perfect mix of summer and fall with a fresh, sweet peach taste plus a little warm cinnamon and brown sugar. Mmmm, comfy.
You gotta try this one! Follow me over on Facebook and Instagram @lolosdesserts. Be sure to snap a pic if you make a Lolo’s recipe and tag it with #lolosdesserts. I love to see what you are making!
6 cups chopped peaches skin and pits removed
1/4 cup brown sugar more or less depending on sweetness of peaches, adjust to your taste
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the chopped peaches in a large pot. Stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure the mixture doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Using an immersion blender (regular blender or food processor works too), puree the peach mixture until desired consistency. I like to leave a few small chunks, but you can puree it until perfectly smooth if desired.
- Let the peach butter cool to room temperature and transfer the peach butter to a blender or food processor and puree.
- Pour into an air tight container and place in the fridge. So good on toast, biscuits, pancakes!