I don’t know what it is, but the mix of a warm pastry with cold ice cream is probably a top three food experience for me. It just makes me feel comfort and joy. Am I strange and think about this stuff way too much? Yes, definitely.
These semi homemade dumplings are a perfect mix of making a really delicious dessert that is impressive but also incredibly easy. I’m talking cutting apples, mixing spices and unrolling Crescent Rolls. Don’t forget the ice cream. It’s a must too.
Check out the easy recipe below and let me know what you think!
Soft and sweet apples inside a dumpling made from crescent rolls. Lots of delicious spices, mixed with the warm apples and dough. Add some sweet ice cream and you have an amazing and easy sweet treat.
2 (8 ounce) tubes Crescent Rolls
4 apples, peeled, cored, & cut in quarters
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 Tablespoons white sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
2. Peel, core and cut apples into fourths, set aside. Unroll the Crescent Roll dough out and separate into the perforated triangles.
3. Place an apple piece at the wide end of the dough triangle and then roll up. Place into the baking dish. Repeat with remaining apple pieces and dough.
4. Mix the water and sugar together until sugar is dissolved.
5. Pour the sugar water over the dumplings in the baking dish followed by pouring the melted butter over the dumplings.
6. Mix the cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the dumplings.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes until top is golden brown.
8. Serve warm with ice cream!