Since chocolate and peanut butter are the greatest combo ever, why not add some bananas and make it into the moistest, most delicious banana bread ever.
Grab those brown bananas on your counter (we all have them) and get to baking. This bread has a rich chocolate flavor plus a subtle peanut butter flavor. The banana is a slight hint and it’s what makes this cake moist. I couldn’t stop taking little bites every time I walked into the kitchen.
Give this one a try and let me know what you think!
Chocolate based banana bread with subtle hint of peanut butter throughout. Super moist and delicious!
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 ripe bananas
2 Tablespoons sour cream
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup peanut butter
3 Tablespoons butter
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
more peanut butter for swirling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×5 bread baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a medium size bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder. Set aside
3. In a separate bowl, mash the 2 bananas then add the oil, sour cream, vanilla and peanut butter.
4. In a bowl of a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together for 2-3 minutes. Add the 2 eggs and mix again at med high to combine.
5. Add the banana mixture to the butter mixture and mix until combined. Scrape the sides down as necessary.
6. Add the flour to the mix in small additions, mixing after each addition until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and fold them in by hand.
7. Pour or spoon around 2/3 of the batter into the parchment lined pan. Then drop small bits of peanut butter over the layer, feel free to swirl it a little as well. Cover the peanut butter layer with the remaining batter.
8. Sprinkle more chocolate chips over the top. Bake fr 45-50 minutes. Allow to cool for awhile until the bread is cooled and set. Enjoy!