Easy and delicious Roasted Veggie Quesadillas are filled with incredible flavor and lots of melted cheese all lightly fried up in a classic tortilla. Delicious dinner!
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 30 min | Total: 40 min
1 zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
1 summer squash, cut into 1/4 slices
1 red pepper, cut into slices or quarters
1 yellow pepper, cut into slices or quarters
1 green pepper, cut into slices or quarters
1 yellow onion, cut into slices
1 large pack of portabella mushrooms, sliced
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper
6 burrito size tortillas
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
butter or vegetable oil for frying
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a cooking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray or a silicone mat, spread out all the sliced veggies in an even layer. Drizzle olive oil, cumin, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper over top all the veggies. Use your hand or tongs to mix the veggies in the spices and oil to cover all.
2. Roast veggies in the oven for 20-30 minutes until veggies are soft and starting to get a slight char on them. Remove from oven and set aside.
3. In a large skillet on medium high heat, add about 1 Tablespoon of vegetable oil to the pan. Once oil is hot, assemble the quesadillas.
4. Place one tortilla down and then layer the roasted veggies in a layer and then sprinkle the shredded cheese over the veggies and then place another tortilla on top of the veggies.
5. Place the entire tortilla/veggies into the hot pan. Cook for about 2 minutes or until the tortilla starts to turn golden brown, flip quesadilla and cook on the other side as well. Remove from the pan and set aside and continue with the remaining veggies and tortillas.
6. Cut the quesadillas and serve with your favorite toppings like sour cream, salsa, avocado, jalepeno.