A creamy and cozy pasta packed with chicken and spinach. Easy recipe to make and comes together quick for a perfect weeknight meal.
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 15 min | Total: 25 min
1 box (16 ounce) penne pasta (or any pasta you choose) Also keep 1/2 cup of the pasta water to use at the end
3 Tablespoons butter
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
Large pinch of salt and pepper
3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups milk
2 Tablespoons cream cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
2 cups cooked shredded chicken (I used rotisserie)
3 large cups spinach
1. Cook the pasta according to package. Keep about 1/2 cup of the pasta water to use at the end. Drain and set aside.
2. In a medium sized pan on medium heat, add the butter and melt. Then add the minced garlic and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the flour to the pan and whisk together to create a paste like consistency.
3. Add the milk a little bit at a time, whisking after each addition until all combined. Continue to whisk as the mixture thickens, about 6-8 minutes.
4. Add the cooked chicken, spinach and cream cheese. Stir around until the cream cheese is all melted. Turn off the heat, add the parmesan and the pasta back into the sauce.
5. Toss pasta into the sauce until it’s covered. Add a little but of pasta water to thin out sauce until desired consistency.
6. Serve with more parmesan over top and enjoy!