1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake tin with liners. Set aside.
2. In a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar together on medium high speed until creamed. Scrape down the bowl then add the eggs and vanilla. Beat on medium high again until combined.
3. In separate medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 3 additions, mixing until just combined after each.
4. Add the milk, lemon juice and lemon zest and then mix again until just combined. Careful not to overmix.
5. Fill each liner about 2/3 full. Bake for about 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick in the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven, completely cool before frosting.
1. In a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter together on medium high for about 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Scrape down the bowl as needed.
2. Add the powdered sugar, one cup at a time up to 3 cups. Beat until just combined each time. After 3 cups, taste test and add more if you think it needed to be a little sweeter.
3. For the strawberries, slice up the strawberries and place in a tall cup. Then take a wooden spoon and mash them all up until they are nice and pulp like.
4. Add the strawberries and vanilla to the mix and then beat on low until all combined. If the frosting is too thin, then add some more powdered sugar until desired consistency.
5. Frost the cooled cupcakes. Add lemon or strawberry slices to decorate. Enjoy that first bite of moist cupcake with the creamy frosting, it;s so good!!