I love a slider in any form. Just something about a mini version of my favorite sandwiches. Plus these kind of Hawaiian Roll sliders are my absolute favorite because they are easy!
Get ready for a Cheeseburger Slider. Think White Castle, but way better. Way better. Simple ingredients, nothing fancy. Just a delicious cheeseburger on a sweet Hawaiian Roll. And did I mention the sauce on top. Holy smokes, it’s a little bit savory and a little bit sweet. Then as it bakes, it gets nice and toasty and a little crusty.
You gotta try these easy and delicious sliders. Check out the recipe below and let me know what you think!
Easy and delicious Cheeseburger Sliders. Melty cheese along with a burger on a Hawaiian Roll and coated with a sweet and savory sauce.
2 lbs ground beef
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
6 slices Cheddar Cheese (or any cheese you prefer)
1 package (12) Hawaiian Rolls
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick), melted
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
Sesame seeds, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium size bowl, mix the ground beef with the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Use your hands to mix the seasoning into the beef.
2. Place the ground beef into a 9×13 baking dish. Press the beef down into an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes.
3. While the beef is cooking, drizzle olive oil in a small skillet on medium heat. Once hot, add the chopped onions and cook until soft or starting to brown.
4. When the beef is done coking, pour the excess grease out of the baking dish.
5. Prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper or silicone mat. Cut the Hawaiian Rolls in half lengthwise and place the bottom half on the sheet pan.
6. Transfer the large beef patty and place it on top of the bottom layer of Hawaiian Rolls. Then cover the beef layer with the onions.
7. Layer the cheese slices over the onions and then place the tp half of the Hawaiian Rolls over the cheese.
8. For the sauce, in a small bowl mix together the melted butter, salt, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and dijon mustard. Brush or pour the sauce over the top of the Hawaiian Rolls and make sure all the tops are covered. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the rolls as well, if desired.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes until the cheese is melty and the tops of the rolls are toasted. Remove and let cool slightly. Cut and enjoy!