Alright, here we go….Pumpkin Season!! I’m team pumpkin, not hard core pumpkin, but definitely on team pumpkin. I love a pumpkin dessert, a PSL and a pumpkin candle. But I draw the line at soaps, crackers, milk, cereal, chips and gummy bears. And Spam! I saw they have pumpkin spice Spam. No, just no. Why do Americans have to take everything to the extreme?
But to kick pumpkin season off, I give to you Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. Super soft and sweet, not overwhelming pumpkin flavor but definitely a pumpkin cookie. Good! Are you team pumpkin or team nope on the pumpkin?
Follow me over on Facebook and Instagram @lolosdesserts. Be sure to snap a pic if you make a Lolo’s recipe and tag it with #lolosdesserts. I love to see what you are making!
Soft and cloud like pumpkin cookies packed with tons of pumpkin flavor and chocolate chips.
2–1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¾ cup pure pumpkin (I use Libby’s canned pumpkin)
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
12 tablespoons (1–1/2 sticks) butter, room temperature
¾ cup dark brown sugar
¾ cup sugar
1–1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment, Silpat or spray with non stick spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until slightly fluffy, about 1 minute. Add the pumpkin, egg and vanilla and beat until well mixed.
4. Add the flour mixture 1 cup at a time and beat until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Scoop heaping Tablespoons of dough onto the baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart. Press a few additional chocolate chips into the top of each scoop of cookie dough, if desired.
6. Bake 12-13 minutes, until set and just starting to brown on top. Let the cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.