A classic and delicious way to cook Brussels Sprouts. Only a few ingredients needed and it involves bacon. My kind of veggie dish.
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 25 min | Total: 35 min
2 lbs Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and halved
2–3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
large pinch of salt and pepper
5–6 pieces of bacon, non cooked and cut into small pieces
Shredded Parmesan Cheese, optional
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
2. Trim the stems off each Brussel Sprout and cut in half vertically. Place in a large bowl.
3. Drizzle the olive oil over the Brussels Sprouts along with the salt and pepper. Use a spoon to toss the Brussels Sprouts so they are all coated in the olive oil. Pour onto the prepared sheet pan and spread out in an even layer.
4. Place in the oven for 10 minutes. While they are cooking, cut the uncooked bacon into small pieces.
5. Remove the Brussels Sprouts from the oven and spread the bacon pieces over the sheet pan with the Sprouts.
6. Return to the oven and cook another 15 minutes until the bacon is cooked and slightly crispy.
7. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with shredded Parmesan if desired. Serve and enjoy!