I didn’t eat a lot of Brussels Sprouts growing up which is kinda surprising to me because I was actually a kid who really liked vegetables. I would have broccoli and cheese as an after school snack. I know, weird.
But now I’m an adult and we eat a lot of Brussels Sprouts. My daughter will eat them raw. I know, weird.
My favorite way to cook Brussels Sprouts is to roast them. I love the crispy little edges they get plus it’s easy to put them on a sheet pan with some olive oil and cook for a bit.
I also really love to add bacon like in this recipe. Sometimes it’s good to add parmesan cheese after they are cooked or maybe a balsamic glaze. So many options and all so good.
I go the easy route for roasting them. I cut off the stem and then cut in half vertically.
You can also cut then super thin for more of a slaw feel or if you want more of the crispy edges.
If you are a Brussels Sprouts lover and looking for an easy, simple and delicious way to cook Brussels Sprouts then this is the one to try.
If you are looking for other veggie recipes, then check out these below.
A classic and delicious way to cook Brussels Sprouts. Only a few ingredients needed and it involves bacon. My kind of veggie dish.
2 lbs Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and halved
2–3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
large pinch of salt and pepper
5–6 pieces of bacon, non cooked and cut into small pieces
Shredded Parmesan Cheese, optional
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
2. Trim the stems off each Brussel Sprout and cut in half vertically. Place in a large bowl.
3. Drizzle the olive oil over the Brussels Sprouts along with the salt and pepper. Use a spoon to toss the Brussels Sprouts so they are all coated in the olive oil. Pour onto the prepared sheet pan and spread out in an even layer.
4. Place in the oven for 10 minutes. While they are cooking, cut the uncooked bacon into small pieces.
5. Remove the Brussels Sprouts from the oven and spread the bacon pieces over the sheet pan with the Sprouts.
6. Return to the oven and cook another 15 minutes until the bacon is cooked and slightly crispy.
7. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with shredded Parmesan if desired. Serve and enjoy!