Classic Vanilla Ice Cream filled with chocolate covered cookie chunks. A perfect mix of rich and creamy ice cream and crunchy cookies and chocolate.
Prep time: 20 min + Chill time | Cook time: | Total: 20 min + chill time
2 cups Hiland Dairy Heavy Cream
1 cup Hiland Dairy milk
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla paste or pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
2–3 Cookies, broken into chunks
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
1. In a medium bowl, add the Hiland heavy cream, milk, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Whisk together until smooth. Cover and place in the fridge overnight.
2. Prepare a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Break the cookies up into small and large pieces. In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave for 30 seconds and then stir. Continue to microwave for 30 seconds and stir until the mixture is smooth.
3. Using a fork, dip the cookie chunk into the chocolate and cover completely. Use the fork to tap off the excess chocolate and place on the parchment. Continue for all the pieces. Place in the fridge or freezer for a few hours or until the ice cream mixture is chilled.
4. Remove the ice cream mixture and whisk together and then pour into the ice cream maker. Churn for about 25 minutes until soft serve consistency. Add the chocolate cookie chunks to the churning ice cream and churn for another 10 minutes.
5. Transfer ice cream to an ice cream container or freezer safe container. May need to stir ice cream around to distribute the cookie pieces. Place in the freezer for a few hours to set. Scoop and serve!
Find it online: https://lolohomekitchen.com/chocolate-covered-cookie-ice-cream/