What is better than vanilla ice cream? Vanilla Ice Cream filled with big chunks of cookies covered in chocolate. Facts.
I absolutely love chocolate chip ice cream, but I also love cookies so I decided to put them all together. I got a batch of Kravings Cookies (she has the bet cookies) and I loved incorporating them into my homemade ice cream.
Covering these chocolate chip cookie chunks with chocolate is super easy to do and only takes two ingredients. Chocolate chips and coconut oil.
This is perfect to do with a few days old cookies too. Heat up the chocolate and coconut oil, mix together and then dunk all the cookie chunks into the chocolate. Place on parchment and chill. Then you can throw them into the ice cream mix once it’s almost done churning.
This is such a easy and delicious addition to a classic ice cream. A little crunch and a little chocolate in every bite. So good.
Check out the easy recipe and video below!
Also be sure to check out these popular ice cream recipes too!
Classic Vanilla Ice Cream filled with chocolate covered cookie chunks. A perfect mix of rich and creamy ice cream and crunchy cookies and chocolate.
2 cups Hiland Dairy Heavy Cream
1 cup Hiland Dairy milk
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla paste or pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
2–3 Cookies, broken into chunks
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
1. In a medium bowl, add the Hiland heavy cream, milk, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Whisk together until smooth. Cover and place in the fridge overnight.
2. Prepare a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Break the cookies up into small and large pieces. In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave for 30 seconds and then stir. Continue to microwave for 30 seconds and stir until the mixture is smooth.
3. Using a fork, dip the cookie chunk into the chocolate and cover completely. Use the fork to tap off the excess chocolate and place on the parchment. Continue for all the pieces. Place in the fridge or freezer for a few hours or until the ice cream mixture is chilled.
4. Remove the ice cream mixture and whisk together and then pour into the ice cream maker. Churn for about 25 minutes until soft serve consistency. Add the chocolate cookie chunks to the churning ice cream and churn for another 10 minutes.
5. Transfer ice cream to an ice cream container or freezer safe container. May need to stir ice cream around to distribute the cookie pieces. Place in the freezer for a few hours to set. Scoop and serve!