Homemade Guacamole is the absolute best partner for chips. Cheese Dip is up there too, but this Easy Homemade Guacamole recipe takes first prize.
This is how my mom has always made her homemade guacamole and I am usually the person standing by the bowl eating it all. It’s a really easy recipe to make with only a few ingredients. This is one of those homemade recipes that goes off of taste more than measurements, so you can make it to your own personal tastebuds.
Homemade Guacamole is made of on a few ingredients, nothing fancy.
Homemade Guacamole could not be easier. Add everything in a bowl and mash and mix. Taste test and then mix again until your taste buds tell you it’s done.
There are lots of different strategies to cutting an avocado and getting all the good stuff out. I have found using a specialty tool is the best way for me because it helps make sure every last bit of avocado gets out. My favorite tool is by Oxo and you can get it on Amazon. It cuts it, grabs the pit, and scrapes all the good stuff out.
You can also simply use a knife and spoon. Whatever you have on hand will work. You’ll want to cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Then my preferred method to pop the pit out is by pressing two thumbs on the skin of the avocado to push the pit right out.
After the pit is out, scrape the good stuff out and place in the bowl. Add all the other ingredients to make easy homemade guacamole.
Check out the easy recipe plus step by step video below. Plus check out these other easy dip recipes I love.
Easy recipe for homemade guacamole with only a few ingredients. Quick to make and always a huge hit.
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1/3 cup red onion, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1–2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 lime, juice
1. Cut and scoop avocado out into a medium bowl. Use a fork or spoon to mash up avocado. Make it as smooth or chunky as your preference.
2. Add the diced tomato and chopped red onion. Stir both into the avocado.
3. Add the garlic powder and salt. Mix again. Squeeze the half of a lime juice into the guacamole and mix again.
4. Time to taste test. Add more of any of the ingredients to your liking. Usually I end up adding more salt and lime.
5. Grab the chips and dig in!