Thee Taco Roll Ups are deceiving because they only have a few ingredients and take less than 30 minutes. But don’t let these fool you, they are so good!
All you need is some premade pizza dough, ground beef, taco seasoning and cheese. Of course, any classic toppings you want to add on too. My choice is always sour cream, tomatoes, shredded lettuce and more cheese.
Cook the beef, add the seasoning, then roll everything up into the pizza dough and bake. Soft pizza dough filled with classic Mexican flavors and cheese, of course. Taco Roll Ups are are an easy and quick way to change up taco night. These take less than 30 minutes from start to finish.
Rolling up the Taco Roll Ups is not difficult. Once you lay out your dough, make sure the middle isn’t too thin. You need everything to be evenly thick to hold the yummy meat mixture in there.
Once you spread the meat over the top of the dough and sprinkle the cheese, you want to roll them up slowly starting from the longest side. Go slowly and don’t worry if you get little rips, these are forgiving.
You can definitely make these ahead of time! You have two options. 1) Cook the recipe all the way through and then store in an airtight container until you are ready to eat. Then reheat in the oven at 325 degrees for 10 minutes or so until heated through. 2) Assemble the recipe and then store or freeze before cooking the Taco Roll Ups. Thaw before cooking.
Check out the easy recipe and video for Taco Roll Ups below and let me know what you think!
If you are looking for other easy recipes, be sure to check out:
Easy and delicious recipe to change up Taco Tuesday (or any night) with these Taco Roll Ups! Classic Mexican flavors and less than 30 minutes.
1 lb ground beef
1 tube refrigerated pizza crust
1 package Taco Seasoning
3 tablespoons water
1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
Toppings: lettuce, tomato, sour cream, guacamole
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray or line with a silicone mat.
2. In a medium skillet on med-high heat, cook the ground beef until no longer pink. Add taco seasoning and water. Mix until all the beef is covered. Turn heat to low.
3. Unroll the pizza dough and press it out into a rectangle. Spread the taco meat evenly over the pizza dough. Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the taco meat.
4. Start on the long side and tightly roll up the dough and meat.
5. Using a serrated knife, cut 1 inch slices and place on the baking sheet.
6. Cook for 10-12 minutes until tops are golden. Let cool sightly and then serve with your favorite toppings.