chewy cookie filled with cream cheese frosting literally busting out. They are good. Really good.
I still haven’t decided which part I love more, the cookie or the cream cheese. Obviously cream cheese frosting makes everything in life better, but the combo with this cookie is magic.
Give this a try and let me know if you love them as much as I did. Follow me over on Facebook and Instagram @lolosdesserts. Be sure to snap a pic if you make a Lolo’s recipe and tag it with #lolosdesserts. I love to see what you are making!
A classic red velvet cake in an easy cookie form. Soft and sweet cookie filled with a cream cheese middle.
FOR CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Pinch of kosher salt
FOR COOKIE DOUGH:
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon red food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
2. Cheesecake Filling: Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and salt in a small bowl. Mix well until mixture is smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until slightly firm, about 30 minutes.
3. Cookie dough: In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, food coloring, and salt. Mix until just combined.
4. Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the cookie dough and flatten into a pancake-like circle on the baking sheet. Place about 2 teaspoons of cream cheese filling on top. Bring the edges of the dough around the filling and pinch the edges together to seal, adding more dough if necessary to cover completely, then roll the filled dough into a ball.
5. Space cookies about 3″ apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake cookies 15 to 17 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.