This Chicken Sausage Broccoli Orzo Skillet is one of those meals that is cozy and comfy but also so easy and delicious. It’s like the holy grail of dinners when you are busy. One pan, simple ingredients and not very many of them. Holy grail. Also, this one is on the healthy-ish side. Chicken sausage- healthy. Broccoli- healthy Parmesan- questionable but delicious. It all evens out.
I found the best Chicken Sausage ever too from Smart Chicken. It’s full of flavor and delicious. Highly recommend it if you are searching for a good one. You can order it online here and get 20% off with the code LOLO20
You definitely need to check this recipe out below and let me know what you think.
Easy, one pan meal with Chicken Sausage, Broccoli and Orzo. Topped off with parmesan cheese all mixed in and melty. Easy and quick.
Large drizzle of olive oil
8 ounces Chicken Sausage, cut into 1/4 to 1/2 slices
2–3 cups broccoli, roughly chopped
ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1 cup Orzo pasta
2 cups Chicken Broth
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1. In a large skillet on med/high heat, drizzle a good amount of olive oil in the pan. Once hot, add the sliced chicken sausage. Cook on one side for 2-3 minutes then flip each slice and cook on the other side and cook another minute or so to get each side browned.
2. Now add the broccoli to the pan and season with a large pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes until the broccoli is bright green and slightly soft.
3. Then add the garlic and orzo and then stir everything together. Heat everything for another minute.
4. Add the chicken broth and stir. Bring the mixture to a boil. Then turn the heat to low, cover the skillet and simmer for another 10-5 minutes until orzo is soft.
5. Once all the liquid is absorbed, add the parmesan cheese and stir together. Serve immediately and sprinkle more parmesan cheese over if desired. Enjoy!