Taco Pizza is nothing new or different, but it’s way cooler (and easy) when you make it on crescent roll dough.
I always seem to have a tube of crescent roll dough in my fridge that I’m thinking of something to do with. So why not use the easy and delicious flaky dough to make a pizza? It makes the perfect crust!
I made this Crescent Roll Pizza with classic Taco toppings like beef, tomatoes, cheese, and shredded lettuce.
Crescent Roll Taco Pizza is incredibly easy to make. Perfect for a quick and simple weeknight dinner idea.
Start with baking the crescent roll dough until lightly golden brown. Then you’ll cook the ground beef and taco seasoning. After that, mix the cream cheese, sour cream, and salsa together then it’s time to assemble.
Spread the cream cheese mixture over the slightly cooled crust. Top that with the ground beef then top with shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, and shredded lettuce. Easy!
Instead of using a tomato based pizza sauce for this crescent roll pizza, you’re going to use a mixture of cream cheese, sour cream, and salsa. This makes a perfect and creamy base for the rest of the classic taco ingredients.
Easy and delicious Crescent Roll Taco Pizza made with classic Taco ingredients on top of a flaky crescent roll dough. Simple and quick dinner idea.
1 tube of prepared crescent roll dough
1 package (8 oz) of cream cheese, softened
3 Tablespoons sour cream
2 Tablespoons salsa
1 pound ground beef
1 envelope taco seasoning
3–4 diced roma tomatoes
Shredded cheddar and jack cheese
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
2. Roll out crescent roll dough onto baking sheet, press to cover entire sheet and seal perforated edges.
3. Bake for about 12 minutes until golden brown. 4. While baking, cook the ground beef in a pan on
med-high heat. Add the taco seasoning and 1 Tablespoon water to the beed and cook until done.
5. In a smaller bowl, add the cream cheese, sour cream and salsa. Mix together until smooth.
6. Once crust is done and cooled slightly you can assemble.
7. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust evenly. Top with the ground beef.
8. Cover with diced tomatoes, shredded cheese and shredded lettuce.
9.Cut and enjoy!