This Double Chocolate Cookie is a rich and thick chocolate cookie packed with cocoa flavor and lots of melted chocolate chips. The perfect chocolate cookie to satisfy your chocolate cravings. Bonus- an easy one bowl recipe.
This Double Chocolate Cookie is for the ultimate chocolate lover. This chocolate cookie is super thick, soft, and has major chocolate packed into the cookie.
Made with mostly brown sugar, butter, lots of cocoa plus extra chocolate chips on top to get nice and melty. Together, this cookie delivers major chocolate flavor in a super soft in the middle but still a little crispy on the outside kind of cookie.
The ingredients in this chocolate cookie are super simple.
A major bonus to this Double Chocolate Cookie is that you can mix everything together in one bowl. The dough is thick so I recommend using a stand or hand mixer. Here’s the simple directions to making your own chocolate cookie.
This cookie is pretty darn perfect, but sometimes you want a change. Here are some fun ingredients to add to the cookie to make it even more special.
How to store Double Chocolate Cookies?
– Cookies should be stored in an airtight container for up to a week
Can I freeze Chocolate Cookies?
– You sure can! When you are ready to eat then pull out a cookie and pop in the microwave for about 30 seconds at 50% power. Continue until warm and gooey.
Can I make a smaller, more bite size cookie?
– Yes! All you do is reduce baking time to 6-8 minutes.
Check out the video below for a tutorial on how to make these Double Chocolate Cookies plus the recipe too.
Don’t miss out on these other favorite chocolate recipes!
A gooey, chocolate packed cookie filled with cocoa and chocolate chips. One bowl recipe for this chocolate lovers dream cookie.
½ cup butter, room temp
¾ cup brown sugar
2 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 & ¼ cup flour
½ cup cocoa powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
⅔ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
⅓ cup semi sweet chocolate chips for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick spray.
2. In a stand mixer or a large bowl with a hand mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together for about 3 minutes on medium high speed until smooth and fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl down.
3. Add the vanilla and the egg, mix again on medium high until combined and smooth. Scrape sides of bowl down.
4. Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt and on low speed mix again until. the dry ingredients are incorporated. Scrape the sides of the bowl down, dough will be very thick.
5. Add the 2/3 cup of chocolate chips and mix on low until chocolate chips are just incorporated.
6. Using a large cookie scoop or ice cream scoop, scoop dough into balls and place on the baking sheet. Makes about 8-9 cookies with the large size scoop.
7. Take the remaining chocolate chips and press some into the top of each dough ball. Bake for 9-10 minutes. Cookies will still look a bit undone in the middle.
8. Let cookies sit on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes then transfer to a cooking rack. Best if served still a bit warm and melty. Enjoy!