Nothing more spooooky than a pair of creepy eyeballs staring right at you. But don’t worry, these spooky eyeballs are delicious and surrounded by a rich, soft, chocolate cookie. Spooky Chocolate Eyeball Cookies are easy to make and are a huge hit with the elementary age…okay, maybe a hit with the adult crowd too.
These Spooky Eyeball Cookies are so easy to make. It’s a basic chocolate cookie made with all the usual ingredients. The cocoa powder makes these the dark chocolate color, but if you want to increase the spookiness then you can add a few drops of black food coloring to make them extra dark and creepy.
Once you’ve scooped the dough onto the baking sheet, then you press the candy eyeballs into the top of the dough.
The spooky eyeballs have such a big impact on these classic cookies.
You can find Candy Eyeballs in a few different places. I’ve seen them at Target, Walmart, and Walmart. But if you don’t see them there, then the best bet is Amazon. You can find the ones I use here. Bonus- they come to your house in 2 days and you don’t have to leave.
Check out the video and easy recipe below to add some fun spooky treats to your Halloween!
Be sure to check out these other Halloween recipes, too!
A classic chocolate cookie made spooky with candy eyeballs. Easy to make and delicious with a big and fun impact for halloween.
1 stick butter, (1/2 cup) room temp
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
black food coloring, optional
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons milk
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar on med/high speed for about 2 minutes. Add a few drops of black food coloring and mix again.
3. Add the egg and the vanilla and mix again for 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
4. In a separate bowl add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together to mix.
5. Add a little bit at a time of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix on low. Continue until the flour mixture is all combined.
6. Add the milk and then mix again. Add the chocolate chips and mix again.
7. Scoop about 2 Tablespoons of the dough and roll into a ball and place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Take the candy eyeballs and slightly press them into the top of the dough balls.
8. Bake for about 11 minutes. Remove and let cool on the sheet pan for about 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.