Ice Cream Popsicles are such a fun and easy treat to switch up a regular bowl of ice cream. All you need is your favorite ice cream flavor and a batch of Magic Shell (recipe below or buy premade).
You’ll also need some popsicle molds, any shape or size will do. I recommend ones that are silicone because they make it easy to peel off the ice cream pop. I love these popsicle molds I got from Amazon.
You want the ice cream to be a little bit soft so I always leave it out on the counter about 5-10 minutes before we start.
Add a few dollops of the magic shell to the bottom of the popsicle mold and turn or spread it out to cover the bottom and sides. Scoop ice cream and smooth down to fill the spaces and then top with more magic shell. Place in the freezer for several hours and then peel the molds off and you have an ice cream pop with a hard chocolate shell.
Check out the video and recipe below and let me know what you think!
Also be sure to look at these posts below for more ice cream ideas!
Easy and fun Ice Cream Popsicles made with your favorite ice cream flavor plus a hard chocolate shell!
Ice Cream, your favorite flavor
Magic Shell Recipe (You can use store magic shell too)
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil (measured as solid)
Silicone Popsicle Molds- I love these molds
1. Grab your favorite ice cream flavor and set it on the counter to soften a bit while you make the magic shell.
2. Magic Shell- In a microwave safe bowl, put the chocolate chips and coconut oil together. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stir in between until smooth.
3. Set the popsicle molds out and spoon a bit of the magic shell chocolate into the bottom of the mold. Turn the mold or spread the chocolate to cover bottom and edges.
4. Spoon the ice cream into the popsicle mold and press down to fit into the space and smooth out. Place stick for the mold into the ice cream at this time.
5. Spoon a bit more of the chocolate over top and spread out the cover ice cream. Add sprinkles if desired. Place on a sheet pan until all molds are done. Place in the freezer to set for several hours and ideally overnight.
6. Remove from the freezer and slowly peel the silicone off the popsicle and enjoy!