I told a few friends that I wanted to try to make a Peanut Butter Whiskey Ice Cream and the looks I got back were at first confused but quickly turned to intrigued. Then when they tried it…happiness. I love a good journey.
If you haven’t heard of Peanut Butter Whiskey, let me introduce you. It sounds strange but it’s a delicious combo. Skrewball is the brand that makes it and I love trying and hearing all the combinations people have found. So why not ice cream too?
My favorites so far besides ice cream are: with cranberry juice (pb & j), dr. pepper, cream soda. All pretty good. I think I need to try a cream soda ice cream float next.
Besides the Peanut Butter Whiskey, I made this ice cream with real peanut butter. I think it makes it creamier and gives that authentic peanut butter flavor. Then I couldn’t resist adding just a little more peanut butter to the mix with some peanut butter cookies from Kravings Cookies. I add these at the end and it gives a little crunchy texture with the creamy ice cream.
You gotta try this one out and let me know what you think!
Be sure to check out these other ice cream flavors too!
Creamy Peanut Butter Ice Cream using real peanut butter mixed with a bit of Peanut Butter Whiskey and Peanut Butter Cookies.
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup milk
3 Tablespoons Peanut Butter Whiskey
Peanut Butter Cookies
1. In a medium bowl, add the peanut butter, sugar and vanilla. Mix together until combined.
2. Add the heavy cream and milk and whisk everything together until smooth. Cover and place in the fridge for several hours or ideally overnight.
3. Remove from the fridge, add peanut butter whiskey and stir the mixture together until smooth. Add the mixture to an ice cream machine and churn for about 30 minutes or until it becomes a soft serve consistency.
4. Break up the peanut butter cookies and add to the ice cream while churning. Let mix a few more minutes until the cookies are mixed in. Remove the ice cream and transfer to an ice cream container or freezer safe container. Let freeze for a few more hours until it hardens.
5. Serve with more peanut butter cookies and maybe a side of whiskey. 🙂