A Slow Cooker meal like this Tomato Basil Chicken recipe is always welcome in my house. Slow Cooker Meals are easy to throw together, usually some kind of comfort food and the bonus is the smell of fresh food ready to eat when you walk through the door!
This Slow Cooker Chicken recipe is perfect for a busy day when you just want good food ready to go for dinner. This Tomato Basil Chicken has a creamy sauce made with Hiland Dairy heavy cream plus a little sour cream. Their high quality dairy is what makes this recipe rich, creamy and a perfect Fall dinner.
The chicken cooks in the Tomato Basil Sauce all day and the chicken falls apart. I could eat this sauce with. spoon…and may have.
The ingredients for this Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Chicken are very simple. Here’s what makes up the sauce:
That’s it! Then I add in a little Hiland Dairy Sour Cream at the end to make it extra creamy and add some thickness to the sauce. Simple ingredients.
We love to eat this Tomato Basil Chicken over spaghetti noodles. Plus a lot of extra sauce spooned over top. I also love it paired with rice, veggies or with a salad. Actually, all by itself is perfect too. Don’t forget the extra spoonfuls of sauce. So good.
Absolutely! The raw chicken cooks all day within the sauce and everything gets cooked to a safe temperature. Plus that chicken will infuse with all the tomato basil flavors.
Looking for other Slow Cooker recipes?
Check out this delicious and easy recipe plus video below and let me know what you think!
A creamy tomato basil sauce paired with chicken all made in the slow cooker. Easy and delicious dinner ready to go.
1 can Diced Tomatoes with Italian Herbs (14 oz)
3/4 cup Spaghetti Sauce (or plain tomato sauce)
3/4 cup Hiland Dairy Heavy Cream
2 Tablespoons corn starch
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 Tablespoon dried basil
4–5 boneless chicken breasts or thighs
1/3 cup Hiland Dairy Sour Cream
Fresh Basil to top
1. In a Slow Cooker, add the Italian diced tomatoes and spaghetti sauce. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the Hiland Heavy Cream and corn starch. Add the mixture to the crockpot.
2. Add the minced garlic, basil, salt, and pepper. Stir everything together to combine. Add the chicken to the sauce and make sure to get the chicken covered by the sauce.
3. Place the cover on and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
4. Once done, remove the cover and add the Hiland Sour Cream. Stir together.
5. We like to eat this over noodles or rice, but it’s great on it’s own or with veggies or a salad.
6. Add some freshly chopped basil to the top of the dish before serving if desired. Enjoy!