The original Cereal Milk Ice Cream is incredible, we can all agree. So why not take it up a notch and try it with one of my favorite childhood cereals- Fruity Pebbles. The best description is that it tastes just like the milk at the end of a bowl of Fruity Pebbles cereal but in a creamy and sweet ice cream form.
The ingredients for this Fruity Pebbles Cereal Milk Ice Cream are super simple. Nothing fancy, you might even have everything you need already in your kitchen. Here’s what you’ll need:
Hiland Dairy Heavy Cream
Hiland Dairy Whole Milk
Pure vanilla extract
Fruity Pebbles Cereal
Making this Fruity Pebbles Cereal Milk Ice Cream recipe is a simple one. Mix all the ingredients together, let hang out, strain, and then churn. Easy.
You’ll need a large bowl, add the heavy cream, whole milk, sugar, vanilla and salt. Mix all together until the sugar is dissolved. Pour in the Fruity Pebbles cereal and mix lightly. Cover and refrigerate for about 24 hours. After refrigeration, strain the cereal mixture so you are left with only the liquid. Pour the liquid into your ice cream maker and churn for roughly 25 minutes until a soft serve consistency. Transfer the ice cream to a container and place in the freezer until more solid and ready to eat. Enjoy!
The best milks to use in Cereal Milk Ice Cream (and most ice creams) is a combination of whole milk and heavy cream. That is my favorite combo. This gives the ice cream a creamy and rich flavor with the extra fats.
You sure can!
I’ve made versions with Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Cocoa Krispies. Both are really good. You can make Cereal Milk Ice Cream with any Cereal you’d like.
Check out this version of Fruity Pebbles Cereal Milk Ice Cream recipe and video below and let me know what you think!
Plus check out these other Ice Cream recipes I love!
This Fruity Pebbles Cereal Milk Ice Cream is the creamy version of the fruity milk leftover at the end of a bowl of cereal. It’s as good as you’d imagine. Simple ingredients in this recipe with Hiland Dairy milk and heavy cream to make the perfect creamy, silky texture. You and your kids will love this one!
2 cups Hiland Dairy Heavy Cream
1 cup Hiland Dairy whole milk
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups Fruity Pebbles Cereal (or cereal of choice)
1. In a medium size bowl, add the heavy cream, milk, sugar, salt and vanilla. Whisk together to combine and sugar has dissolved.
2. Pour the Fruity Pebbles Cereal in and mix together to incorporate cereal. Cover the bowl and place the mixture in the fridge overnight.
3. The next day, place a bowl with a strainer over the top and pour the whole mix into the strainer to strain the liquid out of the cereal. Use a spoon to press the cereal down into the strainer to remove as much of the liquid as possible. Discard the cereal.
4. Pour the milk mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to directions. Mine took about 25 minutes. Ice cream will be a soft serve texture. Remove from the ice cream maker and place into an ice cream container or Tupperware to store. Place in the freezer for a few hours or until ready to serve. Ice cream will firm up.
5. Serve and enjoy friends trying to figure out what the flavor of the cereal is.