Sweet Potato Fries in the air fryer are little crispy bits of goodness. A little sweet, a little savory and perfectly cooked.
I love using my air fryer because it’s so much quicker! You can get food crispy which is my favorite part. That’s the best part of these sweet potatoes in the air fryer, the little crispy parts. And only in about 10 minutes.
Plus, this dipping sauce is my favorite part. I’m a sucker for a good dipping sauce and this one is good.
The specifics for this recipe for sweet potato fries in the air fryer is for wedges. I don’t play favorites though, I love all the varieties of a sweet potato. Wedge, stick, baked potato, mashed. I love them all.
Specifically for the wedges, you want to cut off each end of the sweet potato. Then slice the potato into 1/2 inch slices and cut 1/4 inch strips from each of those slices. (see video)
The seasoning isn my favorite part. It’s sweet, salty, spicy, and savory. The perfect combo for these sweet potatoes in the air fryer.
This seasoning mix is made up of salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne, onion, garlic, and cinnamon. It’s incredible! I go light on the cayenne because I’m a wimp with spice, but if you like spice then add some more and spice it up.
Check out the recipe and video below for these Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges and let me know what you think!
Be sure to try these other sweet potato recipes as well!
Simple recipe for sweet potato wedges in the air fryer with a sweet and salty seasoning. Don’t forget to add the easy dipping sauce with only 4 ingredients.
2 medium Sweet Potatoes
1 Tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup mayo
1 teaspoon mustard
1 Tablespoon barbecue sauce
1 Tablespoon honey
1. Cut the sweet potatoes: To make the wedges, first cut off each end of the potato. Then cut the potato in half, then each of those sides in half and then in half again until you have long wedges. Next cut the long wedges in half again to make shorter wedges.
2. Put the wedges in a bowl and drizzle the oil over top and then mix together to coat them. Next, in a small bowl mix all the seasoning ingredients together and sprinkle over the wedges. Mix together and make sure they all the wedges are coated.
3. Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees and spray the basket with nonstick spray. Place the wedges in the basket in a single layer. You may have to do these in two batches. Cook for 8 minutes and then turn the wedges, then cook another 7 minutes.
4. While the wedges are cooking, make the dipping sauce. In a small bowl, add the mayo, mustard, bbq sauce and honey. Mix together.
5. Remove the wedges and plate up, start dipping and enjoy!