An easy and delicious recipe for caramel brownies that will be a huge hit. I went semi homemade with this one and used a box brownie mix. I love a homemade brownie and if you want a really easy homemade version, then you definitely need to try this brownie recipe.
If you want to go the box mix route for this caramel brownie recipe, then I highly suggest using the Ghiradhelli brand brownie mix. It’s the best one I’ve had. If you scrape the bowl and lick the spoon then you are doing it right.
A layer of brownie, a layer of caramel and another layer of brownie. It’s a trio that is meant to be. The moist and rich brownie surrounding the gooey, creamy caramel is a bite that I will think about forever.
This Caramel Brownie Recipe has a layer of caramel that is super easy to make. I have a homemade caramel that I make every Fall and it’s my favorite ever, but for this recipe I went simple to go along with the simplicity of the brownie. Just two ingredients for this caramel sauce and one of them is technically already caramel. I use the caramel bits (they look like chickpeas) or the caramel squares. Put those in a saucepan over medium heat with a can of condensed milk and melt together. You get a creamy, rich caramel sauce. Perfect match for a chocolate brownie.
Check out this easy and delicious Caramel Brownie Recipe and video below and let me know what you think!
If you are looking for other easy brownie recipes, check out these below!
An easy and delicious semi homemade dessert that everyone will love. A layer of creamy, rich caramel between two layers of gooey, chocolate brownie.
1 box brownie mix (Or you can make homemade brownies- this is my favorite homemade brownie recipe)
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 bag (10 oz) of caramel squares or (11 oz) bag of caramel balls
Flaky Sea Salt (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the brownies according to box directions. Then in an 8×8 baking dish lined with parchment or nonstick spray, pour 1/2 brownie mix on the bottom of the baking dish.
2. For the caramel layer, pour the caramels and the can of sweetened condensed milk in a pot on low to medium heat. Stir occasionally until combined, melted and smooth.
3. Pour the caramel mixture over the top of the bottom brownie mix layer. You will not need to use all the caramel so you can store in the fridge to have later.
4. Sprinkle some of the flaky sea salt over the caramel, if desired. Then pour the remaining brownie mix over the caramel layer.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Ovens vary so check towards the end of baking with a toothpick to see if they are done or need more time.
6. Let cool completely to set and then cut and enjoy!