Slightly obsessed with these Chicken Parmesan Sliders using chicken nuggets. Really simple to make with amazing flavor. Sweet Hawaiian buns, melty cheese, and crispy chicken nuggets. So many good things all in one easy meal. Also, takes about 30 minutes from start to finish.
Yes, you’ll need to cook the chicken nuggets first. I like to cook them in an air fryer I love this one by Gourmia. $40 at Costco) because it gets them super crispy in a small amount of time. They don’t need to be fully cooked because they will continue to cook in the oven, but any extra crispiness with go well with the tomato sauce and melty cheese in these Chicken Parmesan Sliders.
Simple to make Chicken Parmesan Sliders in 30 minutes. Crispy Chicken Nuggets, melty cheese and a soft bun.
1 package of Hawaiian Rolls
Chicken Nuggets (cooked)
Mozzarella Cheese, sliced
Spaghetti sauce or Marinara (about 2 cups)
Garlic Butter Sauce
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 cup shredded parmesan
1. Cook the chicken nuggets. I like to cook them in the air fryer (375 for about 6 minutes) or you can cook them in the oven or the microwave too). Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper or nonstick spray.
3. Cut the Hawaiian Rolls horizontally in half. Place the bottom half in the baking dish. Place one chicken nugget on each Hawaiian roll half.
4. Spoon or pour the spaghetti sauce over each chicken nugget sandwich. Then cover with the slices over mozzarella cheese. Place the top half of the Hawaiian Rolls on top of the cheese.
5. Sauce: Melt the butter and then add the minced garlic, dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce and basil. Mix together and then brush generously over the tops of the rolls.
6. Sprinkle the shredded parmesan over top of the rolls. Then cover the baking dish with a piece of foil and bake for 20 minutes.
7. Remove the foil and bake another 5 minutes until the tops of the rolls get golden brown.
8. Remove from the oven, let cool slightly and serve! Enjoy!