Whenever I make this meal, I feel like a true chef. Surprisingly, it’s so easy. It’s just combining all the things and letting them do their work. This Shrimp Fried Stir Fry is basically that and it’s so good with such great flavors. Easy to make and a big hit with the whole family. Leah loves this one.
You can add any protein with this one or change up the veggies to whatever you like or have on hand.
Check out the recipe below and let me know what you think!
Simple recipe with lots of great flavor. Change up the protein or the veggies to make this your own (or whatever you have on hand.)
1 Tablespoon of vegetable oil
1 small onion, diced
1 pound raw shrimp
2–3 drops of soy sauce
2–3 drops of sesame oil
1 red pepper, chopped
1 small onion, sliced
1 package mushrooms, sliced
3 cups rice, cooked
3 Tablespoons soy sauce
**Any veggies or protein can be used for this
1. In a wok or large skillet on medium high heat, add 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil.
2. Once hot, add diced onions and cook until soft. About 3 minutes. Remove onions from the pan and set aside.
3. In the same pan, add a drizzle more of oil and add the shrimp and cook until pink, about 2 minutes per side. Remove shrimp and set aside.
4. In a small bowl, whisk 3 eggs and drops of soy sauce and sesame oil. Pour into the hot pan. Continuously stir and break egg apart into pieces. Once cooked, remove and set aside.
5. Add the red peppers, mushrooms and sliced onions to the hot pan. Cook until soft, about 3-4 minutes. Add the diced onions, shrimp and eggs back into the pan. Stir everything together.
6. Add cooked rice to the pan, plus 3 Tablespoons of soy sauce and mix everything together. Serve and top with more soy sauce if desired.